The use of essential oils has created a more savvy consumer who can create their own beauty experience self-tailored to their personal choices.
Here are some great tips and recipes to make your own beauty products; you can adjust the oils to your preference:
- Make your own shampoo by combining a few drops of lavender oil and rosemary oil to one tablespoon of aloe Vera gel and a ¼ cup of coconut milk.
- Use a drop of peppermint oil rubbed on your teeth and gums for a natural way to freshen breath.
- Natural deodorant can be made by combining 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon beeswax and a few drops of your favorite essential oil (cedar wood, clove for men and lavender and tea tree oil for women)
- Need thicker hair? Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to shampoo.
- Fade age spots with frankincense oil 3 x a day directly applied to skin.
- Make your own sugar scrub by adding a few drops of essential oil with almond oil or rock salt/sugar.
- Natural perfume is easily made by blending 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oils and applying to wrists and pulse points.