Essential oils are frequently used in diffusers and on the skin for holistic treatment for physical, emotional and mental health. However, there are many other organic ways to utilize these healing plant oils in your home. Read on to learn some of our favorite safe and organic ways to clean and manage your household with essential oils:
- Be ready for the spring onset of mosquitos by combining one drop each of lemongrass, citronella oil, and eucalyptus oil with one tablespoon of coconut oil to make a natural bug repellant and rub onto exposed skin.
- Add 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil in your washing machine per load.
- Need to clean smelly sports gear? Try adding two drops each of tea tree oil and lemon essential oil to one quart of water then add 4 tablespoons of baking soda and mix. Use mixture to clean sports gear.
- Kill insects by spraying orange essential oil and clove oil on contact.
- Freshen your kitchen smell by adding a few drops of clove, cinnamon or citrus essential oil to a simmering pan of water.
- Freshen the bathroom smell by placing a cotton ball soaked in lime or lemon oil behind the toilet.
- To achieve cleaner dishes-- add a few drops of essential lemon oil to the dishwasher.